Monday, January 21, 2013

First Blog Post

What does it mean to blog? I would say that blogging is a way to share one's thoughts and views with other people on the internet. It is different from other kinds of writing in that it is much less formal than standard media outlets.

Two blogs that I like in particular are Economist's View by Mark Thoma and Marginal Revolution by Tyler Cowen and Alex Tabarrok. I like that Marginal Revolution covers a wide range of topics, and often includes posts about rather interesting (albeit random) occurrences. However Economist's View is strictly economics and politics. It is clear that Mark Thoma leans to the left and often cites economists such as Paul Krugman. I do like how often these blogs post new material, which is several times a day. Well that wraps up my first blog post. Expect more economics material to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, that's a great list of blogs to follow. I hope you enjoy reading them and writing some of your own posts this semester.

    ReplyDelete